Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Superstition

I did not eat black-eyed peas and collard greens today;  my father would have wholly disapproved.  But, hey, I forgot food for Christmas --- no way I was going to remember food for New Year's.

Does chili and spaghetti have any special meaning?

It dawned on me last night that I had never, in my life, spent a New Year's Eve by myself.  Before I got married, I would have been at my parents' every year, and then there were all those years of marriage and children.

I didn't mind being alone;  don't misunderstand me.  It was just something I realized.

Today, I've knit and watched football.  If you follow that old chestnut about spending your year the way you spend your New Year's Day, there you go.  Except football isn't on all year.

I'm about to cast on a scarf with the most expensive yarn I've ever used.  It's Cormo wool and yak.  (A gift, I promise you.)  If I don't keep it for myself, or think Hannah would like it, I don't know what I'll do with it.  Not sell it, as I wouldn't have the stomach to charge on etsy what the yarn cost.  



2 comments:

kathy b said...

Yakkity Yak don't talk back. I LOVE the new blog look!!!! Should I copy it?

kmkat said...

Very clean and classy new look! But where is the link to go to the next/previous post?

Tuesday Means Little Needles

And, in my case, sort of small projects.  Remember that big bird chart from a bit ago?  (Not a Big Bird chart;  that would be an altogether ...