Riley, my mom's cat whom we adopted, is in the vet hospital as I type, receiving treatment for "fatty liver disease." She hadn't been herself for several days, and last night, we decided we should take her to the emergency vet. They kept her overnight, gave her IV fluids, then we picked her up this morning and took her to our vet. She (our vet) seemed a little grimmer than the emergency vet, and now Hannah is a wreck. She's kicking herself for not having said something sooner.
We've got 24 - 48 hours without her, as the doctors drip more fluids and see if she will eat. She'd become almost skeletal, and, handily, the treatment for this is food. We are hoping she'll be able to eat on her own, or with the help of a syringe. Worst case scenario is a feeding tube.
The bill last night was $630. No telling what a few days at our vet will be. I do know my monthly visits will have to be off for the rest of the year. At least I got one in.
I stop acupuncture, too. It's costly, and I'm not getting any good things out of it.
Right now, I'm just very sleepy. We didn't get back from the emergency vet until after midnight, and I was still lying awake at 4. Doubt that Hannah got much more sleep. And she's supposed to work a 5-hour shift today. All I have is therapy.
If Riley doesn't make it, Hannah will be devastated. First Esme, now this. And she is not the best at telling anyone what she needs, so I'll just have to sort of stand close and let her come to me.
And, if Riley doesn't make it, that's one more way I'll have let Mama down since she died. Another thing I didn't handle well.