Saturday, August 25, 2012

Coming Around

(ETA: I have no idea whatsoever why these links are popping up in my text.  I've tried to get rid of them, to no avail.  Pay them no mind.)

So, I've been running the Knitters' Hunk contest for five years. My children have expressed little to no interest in it ever, usually only bringing it up in conversation when they couldn't think of anything else to say.

It was Briton's idea, heartily seconded by Hannah, to include women in the competition.  And, boy, have their attitudes changed.  Briton checks in every day on the results, and always has possible explanations for who did and who didn't win.  As we rode to Atlanta yesterday, Hannah kept coming up with more contest ideas.  She and Briton were talking about how they hate that the tournament is going to be over soon, and that they don't want to wait another year.  So, don't be shocked if I come here with some, um, original ideas for more tilts.

It will take us three days for us to get through the rest of the first round, so we will be into the second by next weekend.  In case you didn't know, yesterday's victors were Maggie Smith, Rachel Maddow, Jimmy Fallon and Robert Downey, Jr.  Only one nominator has been eliminated --- everyone else still has at least one person left, and, therefore, a chance for the winners' prizes.

There isn't much going on in my life otherwise.  I've started a new medicine (that makes 4 at day, plus 1 at night if I need help getting to sleep.)  Either it, or its combining with other things I'm taking, gives me a bad daily headache.  I got some relief with a massage the other day, but that, unfortunately, was only temporary.  What isn't temporary is this perpetual anger inside me, ready to spill out at any --- or even no --- provoking.  It is a rage, a violent, mean rage that is beyond my control.  The best thing I can do is keep my mouth shut.  Or stay asleep so as not to wound anyone.

No leads on jobs for either Hannah or me. We are both doing all we can not to give up.

How 'bout a little peek at someone you'll see next week to cheer us all?

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Sigh.

Sigh.

Sigh.

Am I the person who was eliminated? I fear yes.

Anonymous said...

Missed the vote for Mike. we were at Fort Jackson visiting our son.

Who Could This Be?

Well, it's an animal, I'll give you that much of a clue.  But what kind  of animal?  You can leave guesses in the comments, and mayb...