Wednesday, July 6, 2022

BRAT

My children's pediatrician was amazing.    I adored her.  One of the most helpful things she ever said to me was that children "bounce more than they break."  This came in handy when Briton hurled himself and his Kanga-Rocka-Roo off my parents' kitchen table while I was fixing us some lunch.  Granted, I was hysterical  for a bit before I remembered what she had said, but still. . .

One of the things she once told me that I have used ever since was how to treat stomach troubles: with the BRAT diet.  That's [B]ananas, [R]ice, [A]pplesauce, [T]oast.  Thankfully, when I started throwing up last night, I realized I had all four.  So it's been little bits of them today.  Most have stayed down.

Most.


1 comment:

Who Could This Be?

Well, it's an animal, I'll give you that much of a clue.  But what kind  of animal?  You can leave guesses in the comments, and mayb...