Sunday, November 15, 2015

"Minivan" Should Be The Drinking Game Word Here

I decided that, despite my lack of life outside this house, I needed a rental car while my son has mine.  I made an online reservation, following up with a call to tell my enterprise "branch" that I needed to be picked up.  Was told there were no cars available.  None Friday, none yesterday.  Today, 45 minutes before their office closed, I got a call that a minivan was available.

I had reserved a compact.

I haven't driven a minivan since last century.

It's a nice minivan --- don't get me wrong.  But it scarcely fits in the garage.  

Our minivan must have been smaller than I remember.


3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Let me guess--home game this past weekend?

kathy b said...

I hope it has a sun roof!!!

kmkat said...

You are right. Minivans have swelled up (swollen up?) considerably since the last century. As have pickups and my waistline.

Sleepy

I'm unsure whether all the adrenaline stirred up Friday night has finally worn off, but I am so weary today.  Sleepy.  I feel good, thou...