Monday, November 30, 2015

Exclamations

I was awakened this morning by the ringing of my phone.  Calls that early are usually annoyances, but this brought very good news.  Madeleine has improved!  She ate for the first time today, then groomed herself after eating.  She purred and meowed!  The plan is to get her off the IV insulin, and onto injections.  She does have a urinary tract infection, so she's been getting antibiotics, too.  The doctor who called this afternoon asked for permission to do an abdominal ultrasound, to check her kidneys and pancreas.  Of course, I said yes.

She will probably be at the hospital for a couple more days.  The initial cost estimate has been left pretty far behind, but, come on, it's Maddie.

I get to go see her tomorrow, which makes me so happy.  Everyone who has called me today has commented on her looking "brighter" --- I can't wait to see it for myself.

In other news, despite all my best efforts, I CANNOT get the closet door open to get to the Christmas decorations.  I want to get a tree as soon as possible. . .  We may have to decorate it with bits of string and tin foil.  Between Maddie's health care, and having to help Briton out with a new car, money is tighttighttight --- can't buy all new things.

 Briton is moving at a glacial pace with regard to a car.  Almost anyone would be chomping at the bit to get a new one;  he's had an envelope of something from the other driver's insurance company for almost a week, and hasn't even opened it.  Who does that??


3 comments:

Lora said...

I love the OY...very apropos.

Bridget said...

HOORAY for Maddie!!! That is the best news.

Oy, indeed ... ;-)

kathy b said...

OY ..... may it turn to Joy

One

One video.