Sunday, October 18, 2015

No Good Deed. . .

A friend I've had since middle school recently got engaged, so, naturally, the KNIT SOMETHING FOR THEM part of my brain lit up.  I immediately started searching for patterns that would fit her and her wife-to-be.  Found one called "A Kiss."  Perfect.

Next came the search for the yarn(s).  I found two colorways, one with my friend's name in it, one with her girlfriend's.  I could not believe my luck.  I couldn't wait to get started.

So I began.

And began again.

And began one more time.

It just wasn't happening.  I could not get what was on my needles to match what was on the paper.
But I found another pattern.  Its name is still appropriate, but all those disappointments have taken the shine off my eagerness.






3 comments:

kmkat said...

Relax and let the knitting make you happy :-)

kathy b said...

Was it the pattern writing? Was it just poorly written? SOrry!

Bridget said...

I cannot tell you how many times that has happened to me - it's beyond frustrating! Still, I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled that you made them something and that they will think it's the best.

One

One video.