Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Repeat After Me

My great friend Kathy got hooked on a pattern a while back: the Trap:
It's as long as you care to make it, with an interesting shape, and, as I know you can tell, it's also a wonderful way to use any number of yarn colors you want.

I have been similarly hooked by this:
The Drea Shawl shown here was worked with fingering yarn as the main color, and KPPM as the contrast.  There is nothing better for me, knitting-wise, than a simple pattern that yields pretty results.  So, I set out to find sock yarns and any accompanying yarns that would work as a shawl.  I've got 6 sets.

The first one is being made with Claudia Handpainted Yarn in Crocus:
with A Hundred Ravens'" Tornado Warning:

(There wasn't a picture of the colorway online.)

It isn't a pain to work with, and it has easy starting/stopping points.  You knit 2 rows of one color, 2 rows of the other.  I'm enjoying this piece.  Wonder if I can enjoy it five times more?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll try again. (Blogger keeps deleting my comment - grr!)

    The colors you have chosen are really lovely!

    One of the yarn stores around here had each staff member knit a Drea Shawl in colors they liked, and the results were amazing. Each was prettier than the next. I think you can't go wrong with that one ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet you can!!!!!! Fun fun fun .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim- I'm starting this shawl tomorrow! I can't wait. Thanks for the inspiration. Those colors will be amazing! Post updates please!

    ReplyDelete

Pictures, and This

When you and your daughter go to see your son and her brother in his play, you want to take a picture of them.  You mention this to them, a...