Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Forecasts

One week from today, I will be in Chicago.  My idea of flying to and spending a day in a city got Kathy to kindly invite me to come see her.  All I have to do is put some knitting, a book, and my billfold into a carry-on bag and be on my way.  Plus, the temperature there may allow me wear a pair of boots!


Over the weekend, I finished a delicious throw.  A friend had sent me the yarns --- all Colinette, rnaging from mohair to jersey tape to "bulky" boucle--- and the pattern was a soothing Feather and Fan:
Pinks and creams and gray/browns and some expertly-placed yellow;  it's so pretty.  It's not chilly enough to use it just now.  You are allowed to squish it, though, year-round.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait. In the planning stages. New kitten Fezzik arrived today. You are going to love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That throw is gorgeous! I knit an afghan from a Colinette kit a number of years ago; such wonderful yarns they have. You!! Have a great time in Chicago!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, have fun in Chicago!! Lovely throw...

    ReplyDelete

Before It Gets Dark

I'm assuming lots, if not all, of you are going to be eclipse-viewing later today.  Because of that, today's prizes and questions a...