Saturday, November 15, 2014

Craft Stuff

The Snappy Cardigan I talked about yesterday?  The yarn I'm using for it positively thrills me.  Honest-to-goodness, I stop every now and then and just hold and smoosh a ball of this stuff.  It's Debbie Macomber Rosebud, color "Sweetpea."  I don't know where it came from, but it must have been on deep, deep sale, because I bought a bag of ten balls.  It's as fantastically mooshy as any yarn I've ever used.

Oh, and someone told me about snap tape;  at least I have a lead!  If it isn't available in colors, I wonder if white running the length of the front will look alright.  This is the sweater:
It's meant to be worn partially open, don't you think?  Will a white (or a black, for that matter) strip be distracting?  A grey one might actually be kind of pretty. . .

Daily Gripe: How is it possible to have a big vase full of knitting needles, and still not be able to find the size you need?


3 comments:

  1. Snap tape in White, Black, Natural, Navy, Red: http://sewtrue.com/Store/Snap-Tape-P502.html. Is the sweater gray? If so, I vote for black or red.

    Re: lost knitting needle. Check under the couch cushions ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: lost knitting needle. Check the WIPs... I find a lot of mine already "in use."

    Thanks, Kathy, for the snap tape link! I like her color recs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the natural since they do not have the grey? It always breaks my heart a little when I cannot find materials to do what I am envisioning. Needles grow legs and go missing it seems. Perhaps yours and mine have run off some place fabulous together? I hope they have the sense to send postcards.

    ReplyDelete

Pictures, and This

When you and your daughter go to see your son and her brother in his play, you want to take a picture of them.  You mention this to them, a...