Monday, September 29, 2014

Just Thinking

I suppose most parents wish, more than once, that their children wouldn't grow up so fast.  My husband and I tried to never talk about "big boy" or "big girl" things --- we thought it would make our children think the age they were was one to get out of;  that being older meant being better.

Tonight, for whatever reason, I am glad my children have grown up.  Thinking about having a baby in this world, this cruel, tense, polarized, scary world gives me shivers.  Something horrendous is going to happen --- humans tend to do those things to one another --- while my children are alive.  Horrible things have already happened in their lives.  I am very grateful that they are both adults in "these times."  Adults capable of making good, smart, and kind decisions for themselves and for other people.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

You've done well. Single parenting after tragedy.......I don't know if it gets any worse than that...and you survived and your kids are great

Thursday Stuff

 If y'all want to waste, oh, I don't know, an entire afternoon, start watching airport arrests videos on YouTube.  I will warn you: ...