Sunday, January 26, 2014

Back in the Day

Once upon a time, going to a concert was 1) moderately affordable* and 2) always marked by one wearing an official t-shirt to school the next day.  If it weren't clear who was going to a show before, everyone knew then by who was wearing the CSN&Y/Fleetwood Mac/Queen/Aerosmith/ELP etc. shirts.  Or, in my case, Bee Gees.

Concert t-shirts were a signal of Cool.

In that spirit:



*My daughter just bought a concert ticket that was in the three-digits.  Seriously.



2 comments:

kmkat said...

We went to a concert recently where the tickets were only $22! Sure it was a not-well-knows artist (Zoe Keating) in an old OLD theater sitting in ordinary chairs rather than theatre seats, but I was happily surprised when I bought the tickets. Last year when we went to see C.J. Chenier the tickets were closer to $100/per. And I am not even all that fond of zydeco.

kathy b said...

Hahah It figures HOUSE has a band. He' s tooooo cool not to be in a band! I want to look up some of his music now

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...