Monday, September 21, 2026

Okay, Readers

You can only read the first page of every book

OR

You can only read the last page of every book^

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Last night, I tried starting the second sock, but utterly screwed up the ribbing.  My frustration with the TV is oozing into other life areas: instead of trying to fix the mistakes, I just ripped the whole thing back.


A brutal rainstorm blew in here yesterday afternoon.  Fortunately, there were only a few branches down in the front yard.  There was flooding in some parts of town, and several traffic lights were out.  Me, I just backed my car out into the driveway and got real cheap car wash.




^Last for me.  First might intrigue me and be hard not to turn.  Last, I have closure --- literally and figuratively.  You also sound vaguely cooler if you're able to say, "How about that ending, though, huh?"

2 comments:

Araignee said...

I'm known as the family spoiler so it would have to be the end. My daughter almost hung up on me yesterday because I kept going on and on about Practical Magic 2 . I read the book, haven't seen the movie and I was wondering aloud what plot points would be kept since the first movie and first book were not very similar. I didn't realize how much I might be giving away.

Kim in Oregon said...

I would have to leave the room if presented with those alternatives.

Speak

Therapy today, as my therapist has another commitment Friday.  That is making me feel like tomorrow should be Saturday.  So weird how your m...