Saturday, July 13, 2019

B-I-N-G-O?

Last night, I made myself a Summer Reading Bingo card.  It's the third or fourth year I've done it, and have yet to collect a full ("winning") line of reads.  It's fun to do, though.

One question, however.  Does one choose books specifically to mark off the squares on the card, or does one simply read what one wants, letting the marks fall (or not) as they may?

I lean strongly toward the latter.  It makes the "game" more exciting, plus, you read books you really want to, not ones you have to.


Right now, I'm reading The Library Book.  It will allow me to mark off "Non-fiction."

5 comments:

Bridget said...

A couple of years ago, I tried to read the books that would fit into my card, and it made me miserable. So I decided to try again this year. But I read a book, and then see if it fits anywhere on the card. This has been much more fun for me. And if one isn't "applicable" so to speak, it's no big deal.

teabird said...

I don't enjoy reading challenges, even when I design themakes myself . I rebel ... against myself .

kathy b said...

I ADMIRE all of you who do book bingo. Maybe I'll do podcast BINGO! YEs Im going to.

Kim in Oregon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim in Oregon said...

Oops sorry hit post too soon. Anyway, the time I realized I kept hitting 'refresh' to get a different bingo card that Book Bingo isn't for me.

48

If you've ever rented a movie on Amazon Prime, you know you have 48 hours in which to watch it.  (By the way, why do we "watch"...