Friday, June 4, 2021

Let's See. . .

 . . .what else can I tell you about myself?

I've just about finished painting the bench on the front porch.  All that's left is the back of the back if that makes any sense.  And honestly, with as much spray paint as I've bought, it might have been cheaper just to get a new bench.

Been watching loads of hockey.  There have usually been two games each night this week.  If the second one goes too late, I DVR what's left and catch up the next day.


Monday night, I couldn't sleep, so I got up, made bread, watched a movie, wrote some postcards,  read some.  I'm reading two books on Abraham Lincoln, and they cover roughly the same time period.  I'm sort of ping-ponging between the two for as full a picture as possible.  The weird activity at the weird hours thoroughly confused the pets.

There has been crafting, but I won't talk about it.  The last couple of projects I've mentioned here have come to naught --- ugly, maddening naught --- so I'll be superstitious and hope to avoid The Whammy.
Tap has tried to help by keeping his feet near the needles.  (While lying under the den ceiling fan.)

I set foot in a restaurant this afternoon for the first time in, what, a year and a half?  I opted for pick-up rather than delivery from a really good little Chinese place.  "Little" here is literal;  there are four tables.  Beef Mei Fun and Crab Rangoon for the win.













2 comments:

kayT said...

Didn't know you were a hockey fan. The playoffs are the best time, aren't they? Who do you root for? My Dallas Stars didn't make it this year but I have been fond of the Bruins for a long time so fingers crossed. As a friend says, how could there be a more perfect name for a goalie than Tuukka Rask?

KSD said...

Hi, kayT!
I'm actually more of a goalie fan thatn a hockey fan. Tuukka is a favorite. My hometown Nashville Preds are my favorite full team, but any time Lundqvist or Fleury or Holtby or Bishop (!) or Price or Vasilevskiy is in goal, I'm there.

TN.T.

"T N" today means Twinnie News.    It's  her  birthday!  If you know her, you know she deserves all  the good wishes, so head ...