Sunday, July 21, 2019

Recomendations

I may go with "Dude," I may keep "Hunk."  It's all still rolling around in my head. Considering Twinnie's recent experience, "Dude" may be a good choice for this year.

Speaking of the Twinster, a while ago, she mentioned a show she had been watching on Amazon: "Dickensian."  It sounded like it might be fun for me, so I gave it a shot.  It's terrific. The idea (bringing together characters from many of Charles Dickens' novels) is magic, the mystery (who killed Jacob Marley?) spins out nicely, and Stephen Rea as Detective Bucket (Bleak House) is marvelous.  

Then Briton told me about a Netflix show he was watching called "Zoo."  It's based on a James Patterson novel, and is just ridiculously silly.  Don't misunderstand --- the people involved are serious (I suppose) about making the show, but it is crazy.  Briton is finished, and I'm on season two of three.  We text back and forth about what happens, as in, "Did you see the evil buffalo?"  or "She's using a flare like Sam Neill in 'Jurassic Park'!"

Lastly, if you're watching the third season of "Stranger Things," know that all the mall filming was done in what was "the" mall around here before Mall of Georgia opened.  Watching the scenes in the food court, know that there used to be a tiny Chinese place there whose hot and sour soup I craved deeply when pregnant with Briton.

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Glad you are enjoying Dickensian!

kathy b said...

Oh. I'm hearing such good things about Stranger Things. I m watching the new Queer Eye season and the new comedians in cars getting coffee

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...