Thursday, May 25, 2017

Here's How It's Done

When I finish a sock yarn project, I keep the yarn that's left (how do we always have extra sock yarn?) and roll balls to make what I call "Frankensocks."  Casting on tonight with these:
As you can see, matching colors isn't an aim.  As leftovers are collected, they get wound in.

Next week, our countdown to Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick begins in earnest, as the weekly prize giveaway begins.  Each Monday, I'll ask a question that you'll have until each Friday to answer.  The answers will be numbered by the order in which they come in.  On Saturdays, I'll name the winner (hello, random number generator), and we'll start all over on the next Monday.  That will go on for 12 weeks, and then, nominations open!

1 comment:

Grace said...

what the Olsen girls are saying YAAAAY

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...