Sunday, June 1, 2014

Gear Shift

Hello, and happy June.  "Rabbit, rabbit," as my Twinnie would say.

I am feeling so much better today.  Last night was the most complete night of sleep I've had this week.  Fingers crossed.

Believe it or not, there are only two months until this year's Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick contests will get underway with nominations.  Since that means I'll blog every day, I'd best get in some practice.  So, I'm going to blog one of my favorite words every day this month.  Just something to stretch the muscles.

If you want to know what the word means, or how it's pronounced, feel free to research.  I'm just putting them out here for you.  But understand that my favorite words are almost always favorites because of how they sound.  Or look.  Meanings don't figure in too much.

I'll start with My Favorite Word of All.

Chthonic.

Do you have any favorite words?

5 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Oops rabbit rabbit I forgot!
Murmur and mirror (pronounced the english way--meer roar, and the phrase 'clothe the wold'.

kmkat said...

Plethora. I love to use that word.

Bridget said...

Varmint.

I don't like phlegm. (The word or the substance.)

kathy b said...

meningococcal meningitis

teabird said...

fungible.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...