I Can't Have Nice Things

 Over last weekend, I decided to put up some new blinds in my bedroom.  One of the two windows is straightforward, no real issues.  The other, though, is in a sort of tricky corner and in trying to wedge everything into an awkward space, I fell.  My left arm hit the floor first, followed by my back and butt and the back of my head.

Now, these are deep bruises, just coming to the surface in all their purple/green/yellow glory.  They have pained me all week.  And my tailbone, I guess, on the left side is really hurting and causing me to limp a little.

THEN, yesterday, I go to get my flu and latest COVID vaccines.  Every year, I talk here about how, 4 hours almost to the exact minute after getting the flu shot, I start to feel flu-ey.  Yes, that happened again, plus two shots in the same arm (the left one --- what was I thinking) made my arm really, really sore.  Sleeping was misery.  I woke up at one point soaked in sweat.  I didn't feel good today;  couldn't stop shivering this morning.  Even though I know why it happened and that all of it will pass, it's all still painful.


Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
I'm sorry you're unwell, and this too shall pass.
kmkat said…
I see that I have unwittingly shared my gravity-testing practices with you. I am truly sorry. Hope the bruises heal quickly and that you feel better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .