Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Summer Share

I have discovered that Tap likes popsicles.  I discovered a bag of these old-school ones the other day, and lots of memories poured in.

Remember when most popsicles were like this?  If you had a good and generous friend, they'd break it in two and share.  I  wasn't allowed to buy popsicles very often --- scarcely at all, in truth.  (Mama, I'm sure, thought it a waste of money.)  The children next door almost always got to stop the Popsicle Man, and I did get to share in their bounty on occasion.  Hot summer days, bare feet (because our rubber flip-flops pulled apart at the toe, and you could NEVER fix them), melting popsicles dripping down your hands and arms. . .  I see, hear and feel it like it was yesterday.

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

did you have bomb pops? Supercharged popsicles.

Anonymous said...

Checking on you.....waving hello!! ~Rox

Who Could This Be?

Well, it's an animal, I'll give you that much of a clue.  But what kind  of animal?  You can leave guesses in the comments, and mayb...