Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Sing Along

Honestly, now --- what are you supposed to do with an egg from 6 geese?  Now, if we could meld them with the gold from the five rings, we'd have something to talk about.

Which made me think: did anyone else have Red Goose Shoes when they were growing up?  If you got a pair, you could reach into this big plastic goose in the store and pull out an egg with a prize inside?  Every now and then, there'd be a golden egg.  Not that I ever had a pair of Red Goose shoes --- I'm sure my mother thought they were exorbitantly expensive.  But I remember walking by the shoe store and seeing children getting eggs and wishing I could get one.

Oh, and there was a jingle, too:
"Half the fun of having feet 
Is Red Goose Shoes."


1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I remember that jingle well!

What to Do, What to Do

A new hank of fingering weight from a new source,   Barnyard Knits .  You know I love a slub.* It's too pretty to use for socks, which w...