Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Bye Month

Seeing February go always makes me a bit sad.  It's a quirky little month, isn't it?  Fewer days than all the other months, every now and then getting an extra one. . .  

February is also our last best hope for Winter.
Yes, we've had snow here in March in the past, but, let's face it, with each day that passes, the chance for Real Winter gets slimmer and slimmer.

You see, I don't like Spring.  I dislike Summer very much.  Sunny, chirpy days do nothing for me except make me miss grey, cool-to-cold ones.  Fall and Winter make me feel cozy and they comfort me, and they bring life to my speed.  Spring and Summer are warm-to-boiling and people are rushing around like they will never have another chance to do anything warm-weathery in their lives.

The only plus to Summer in my life is rather Athens-centric.  In Summer here, traffic disappears.
And yet, it's sometimes so hot that I don't leave the house anyway.

When you add in that my best friend was born in February, that my Hero of All Heroes was born in February,
(and, yeah, my birthday's in there, too) --- it's a month I always look forward to.  



3 comments:

Bridget said...

I agree with you - I'm definitely a fall and winter person, much to the puzzlement of 95% of people I know.

kathy b said...

awww, Im sorry . You sound blue. The gray coldness here has the opposite effect on me. I need that sun. But I'm trying to hunker down with knitting and watching my favorite show DOc pol. VOlunteering helps too. I realize I was visiting my mom weekly and that meant a lot, last year this time. BIg hugs to you.

Kim in Oregon said...

We may get snow tonight and tomorrow morning. if so, I'll make a snow angel for you. If not, I'll make one for you in my heart.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...