Friday, March 10, 2017

Recent Finds That Have Made Me Happy

My children practically grew up on Pokemon, and are still avid players.  And, as I mentioned here the other day, Chris Evans (a/k/a Captain America) is a favorite.

Kmkat provided us all a link to a yarn supplier new to me: Mothy and the Squid.  Their colorways are breathtaking, including those shaded after moths:

I'm working with Mighty Stitch yarn from KnitPicks, and am impressed with both the color and the feel.  It's very, very soft.  I'm making a pair of fingerless gloves in this:

which neither KnitPicks nor I can photograph well.  This color is much deeper and richer than this.

I finished a truly excellent book.

I watched two very good movies this week as well:



As much as I enjoy actively shopping for Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick prizes, it's wonderful when something just sort of shows up.  A couple of somethings showed up this week, and, no, I can't post a picture of them.





2 comments:

kmkat said...

KP MIghty Stitch has almost the same fiber content as Lion Brand Wool-Ease, which I find to be scratchy, and Plymouth Encore, which is nicer imho. How does Mighty Stitch compare to those?

kathy b said...

Loved jungle book! My zach asked me to it last year. I found the cinematography so amazing. I felt like i was THERE.
I will check out the yarn shop. Thanks!

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...