Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baby Steps

My self-promise to take myself on a trip each month has begun a scant 20 minutes from Athens, at a Bed and Breakfast.


Only for two nights, but away, and comfortable, and, perhaps most indulgently:


a noise machine that can make it sound like I'm by the ocean.  ABSOLUTE HEAVEN.

This is the room I'm in:

However, I'm the only guest in the house, so I've wandered around and looked at all the rooms.  Already picked out the one I want when/if I come back.

The bed is so, so comfortable --- I've knit in the parlor and read on one of the porches --- I've taken as much advantage of being alone while meeting my three goals: napping, knitting, reading.  It's been a good couple of days.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of you for doing this for yourself. One of my New Year's resolutions was to get out and explore the area we live at least once a month and here it is, two days left to go, and I haven't done anything this month. You're giving me a little inspiration and I promise I won't let February pass without getting out into the world.

kathy b said...

Wow you sound wonderful. YOu DESERVE this break. ENjoy it, knit it sleep in oceany peace

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...