Friday, December 22, 2017

Doors and Boxes and Colors

You've been along for the Advent Nativity this year, so I wanted to show you what "came" today, and give you a look at the tiny, tiny little doors left for tomorrow and Sunday.
"A star, a star. . ."

The latest color turns in the Advent scarf are definitely Christmas-y:
Green to red.  And, oh, look --- another Nativity!  This one is Playmobil, but those of you with children probably recognized that.  Playmobil was a big part of Briton and Hannah's childhoods, so this one had to become part of my collection.  The camel on my chest of drawers (to remind me of the importance of footing) is Playmobil.

A huge surprise arrived the other day.  Look at this pretty, pretty yarn:
Thank you, Camille;  this is my Christmas.

With all my online shopping, there are boxes, boxes everywhere.  Miss Erin claimed one for a nap:
She even cooperated in the photo shoot.

Happy Holidays and Unboxing to all!

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Kim that yarn looks just delicious. I know you will create something amazing with it. Great post Christmas color!! Im thinking of you and hoping your Weekend/Christmas is sweet

kmkat said...

Playmobile was a big part of Elder Son's childhood, too. Mostly he staged various battle scenes; happily, he got over all that fighting stuff eventually.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...