Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Car Stuff. And a Birthday.

Never will I own a Rolls Royce.  Never have I particularly wanted one.  And yet, I've always known it would have to be dark (preferably midnight) blue.  This morning at my psychiatrist's office, look what I parked next to:  

An SUV, not a Rolls, but that deep blue is so pretty, don't you think?

Another color-specific "dream": a 1972 Cougar,
in chocolate brown.  As long as I've liked this car, the shade of brown I have in mind has never been a stock color.  Now, though, there is a pick-up truck in the back of the neighborhood that is exactly what I've always wanted.

Also, either a white or a black MGB GT:
1969?  '70, '71?  Anyway, this would have been a poor investment.  I can't drive a stick.

Kind of a meh day.  I cleaned the glass doors on the front porch and the back.  I made and frosted a vanilla cake.  It's a disaster in every way but taste.

Yesterday, I made Potato and Chives bread.  The taste is good, but the texture is divine.  I'm guessing adding some cheese and/or bacon would take it up several notches.  I would like to know the amount of potato flakes that could be added to other recipes, if that texture is due to them.

My suspicion is that I say this each September 1st, but again

Happy Birthday Sir Barry.  80.



 

No comments:

Car Stuff. And a Birthday.

Never will I own a Rolls Royce.  Never have I particularly wanted one.  And yet, I've always known it would have to be dark (preferably ...