Thursday, March 21, 2024

One

Can you believe I have begun an actual novel?  A real-life non-non-fiction book.  Did any of you have "1" in the over/under?  (Wisely, Twinster refused to enter that particular fray.)  

And yet, even with a novel, I do not stray far.

I've read two other Lincoln novels: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (which I found surprisingly entertaining) and Lincoln in the Bardo (which was fully enthralling.) 


The pollen has begun to fall here.

There's a sweet, sticky, sickly smell with it that has yet to arrive, but it's early yet.  The pollen doesn't bother me except for the offense to my aesthetics.  I never even thought about, or experienced it, until we moved to Georgia.  None of the other places I've lived have this many pine trees, I suppose.  To all of you who do suffer, obviously do not come to see me, and I hope you make it through the season okay.



1 comment:

Araignee said...

I also read/listened to the vampire hunting version of Abe Lincoln and I have to admit that vampires are not usually my thing but I did like that book. The movie was a hard watch though because I knew what was coming and I'm a big sissy when it comes to horror.

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...