Kit-ing

 In my dotage, I have come to appreciate craft kits.  There is still enough yarn in boxes around here that a knitting kit seems excessive, but I'm not averse to buying one.

Since Briton has begun cross-stitching, as I've said before, that bug has bitten me.  Kits are so much easier than buying the 7000* colors of DMC floss to have on hand.  That's one reason I've been doing single-color designs.  

BUT, I found this kit online.

I do love my irises (i-rie?)  If you look at the color guide, though, you see that there are no numbers for the colors.  So, when a couple of the colors ran out, a trip to Joann was necessary.

I should say that also in my dotage, my vision is compromised.  Distance requires glasses, up close means taking off said glasses or changing to another pair.  So, there I am in Joann, glasses and keys on a shelf, trying to hand-match colors.  (Man, there are a lot of shades of yellow.)

Miss Kim's lesson here, class, is that kits are easy and convenient, but check for those numbers.



*Slight exaggeration.

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
Yikes. I think sometimes kits don't use DMC floss and so give you the color only, but I would totally not trust myself to match colors. It would take me forever.
Dee said…
I agree with Kim. I think a lot of kits use floss knock offs. Close in color, but never an exact match for DMC or Anchor.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .