Thursday, June 1, 2023

Arithmetic

 Hello to June.  The year is half over --- sheesh.  I'm acutely aware of time all of a sudden, realizing that each day's passing means I'm one day closer to dying.

I'm not sad or in denial or depressed about it.  It's just a fact.  If anything, I'm a little bit dispassionate about it.  It's plain arithmetic.

I was, in third grade, given an aid to help me spell "arithmetic."  It's terribly racist, I now know.  Still, it goes through my mind any time I have to write the word:

A

Red

Indian

Thought 

He

Might

Eat

Turkey 

In

Church.

Thanks to Mrs. Hearn for that.

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

Twinnie, I think we have 28 more days until the year is half over, but math is not my strong suit.

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.