Friday, June 30, 2017

Unknowns

Sam Elliott has been "It" for me for 40+ years.  When I found out about his new movie, "The Hero",  it became an "Of-Course-I'll-See-It."  I didn't know at the time that his character is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  I'm unsure, then, that I'll see it until it comes out on DVD, when I can control an on and off button.


I am so sick of pancreatic cancer.  Tired of it.

Some other things I have just learned come from Raven Rock, the book I'm reading.  For one, the Eisenhower Interstate System was created, in large part, to facilitate the movement of troops and armaments in case of a nuclear attack.  Also in case of such an attack, the Declaration of Independence was to be saved before the Constitution at the National Archives.    The National Gallery's priority was da Vinci's Genevra de' Benci:

A specially trained team was tasked with evacuating the Liberty Bell, and The Library of Congress' first save was to be the Gettysburg Address.*  "Little" details like that fascinate me.

The latest winner to be announced tomorrow;  see you all then!








*I assume these are still the directives;  the author made no mention of updates.




3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I hear you. My uncle Joe died of pc and yeah.

kathy b said...

Cancer...ugh. I found your historical directives fascinating. I hope you and kids are having a good Saturday so far.

kmkat said...

I knew the interstate highway system was created as a defense measure, but I didn't know exactly what that meant. Thanks!

One

One video.