Thursday, October 17, 2013

Love

4.  Love
Well, this one is a bit of a task.  "Love" is far too big, and much too small.  Do I list all of the people and animals and places and things that I truly love?  (Not anything that I might say, in that off-handed way, "Oh, I love that!")

The beach, the sound and the smell of the waves, touch the deepest stocks of love in me.  They calm me and replenish me and just thinking about them soothes me.  I love that I have something to turn to when everything in my life is crumbling.



The more I read about Abraham Lincoln, the more I love him.  He's always been very prominent in my life --- I was born on his birthday, my Daddy always called me "Kimberly Lincoln."  I've read and read and gazed and wondered and measured and adored.  And the reservoir of my feelings deepens.

I love and miss my Mama and Daddy every day.

But I never knew the richest love until I became a mother.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

awww Hooray for the Sea and the peace it brings yoU!

More Than Enough

So, you're watching something online, and it breaks for commercial, and next to the little countdown clock is the message "Send to ...