Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stump

For some reason, both our dogs have been whining all day long.  It has driven me insane.  Rupert, in particular, has been persistent with his shrill yodel.  I have no idea what the problem/issue is, I just know I have a column of agony in the right side of my brain drilled from the top of my head down to my top teeth.

My psychiatrist refused altering my medications, though I begged him to.  He said, firstly, I am taking so many things, trying to pinpoint exactly what to change and how much would be almost impossible to do.  I can understand that, but I NEED HELP.  His answer was that since depression is such an isolating disease, I need to get out and with other people as much as possible.  I told him that I volunteer once a week, and have my knitting group every other week.  Nice "start," he said.  Add one more activity before the year is over was what he sent he me away with.

I could have punched him in the throat.  I am so angry and so tired and so devoid of hope.  And I am now in physical pain, which I trust will be lessened by a massage tomorrow afternoon.  (It is agonizing to even knit.)  I am running wholly and completely out of ideas here.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Okay.....GOOD For you for scheduling a massage. !!!!
How about a support grouP? That seems like a big deal though...right before the holidays too....okay forget that...
how about something yOU LOVE and havent done in ages: like ride a horse or go to a movie with your kids or just walk around your block with the dogs.... sometimes you can only walk around the block ONCE>..I know. the dogs will draw you to nature... I find that soothing.
Or maybe if you walk to the coffee shop and treat yourself....and turn around and go home....
or maybe you can go hold a puppy somewhere... or a kitten, .....
anything until the meds kick in...AND they will......

hang on

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...