Friday, December 15, 2017

All Over the Place

My maiden name is Spence.  I really like smoked salmon.  Imagine my delight, therefore, upon seeing this today at Fresh Market:
Yes, I bought it.  Yes, I've already eaten some.  Yes, I'll be keeping the box.  Yes, I've been to the website.  Yes, I'd like to think that is Spence Castle.

Hannah now has a second job, at Starbucks.  She was super-excited after her first couple of days, with all the (quite) remarkable benefits, and her access to all kinds of coffees and teas.  She soon, though, began to be overwhelmed by all of the possibilities, and sort of hit a shaky bottom when she had to work Drive-Thru.  She's always been an excellent worker, brilliant at working with customers;  I've never seen or heard her like that.  I tried to soothe her by pointing out that she had never, ever worked a drive-thru before.  But you know how it is when you're really down on your life and feeling sorry for yourself --- nothing anyone says makes any difference.

I was going to go back to see Briton's play this weekend, but all the show are sold out.  Hurray!

The Advent Nativity is up to a total of four camels now.  Today brought a shepherd for the three sheep.  There are nine days to go yet --- Baby Jesus, three Wisemen, an angel probably, another palm tree?  I can't come up with 9.  Which makes each day fun.


3 comments:

kathy b said...

There were some far away tears with my daughter last night. Her cat is still sick. She said she was sorry for calling and crying. I said, what's the point if we cant call each other and cry? Hugs to the new Barista to be!

Kim in Oregon said...

that has to be an interesting and challenging job. She'll get her 'sea legs'. You need a donkey.

kathy b said...

Oh and If I were stuck in Atlanta it would be a bonus cause I"D see you !!!!! THe airport stuff is crazy this weekend there!

One

One video.