Friday, March 10, 2017

Recent Finds That Have Made Me Happy

My children practically grew up on Pokemon, and are still avid players.  And, as I mentioned here the other day, Chris Evans (a/k/a Captain America) is a favorite.

Kmkat provided us all a link to a yarn supplier new to me: Mothy and the Squid.  Their colorways are breathtaking, including those shaded after moths:

I'm working with Mighty Stitch yarn from KnitPicks, and am impressed with both the color and the feel.  It's very, very soft.  I'm making a pair of fingerless gloves in this:

which neither KnitPicks nor I can photograph well.  This color is much deeper and richer than this.

I finished a truly excellent book.

I watched two very good movies this week as well:



As much as I enjoy actively shopping for Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick prizes, it's wonderful when something just sort of shows up.  A couple of somethings showed up this week, and, no, I can't post a picture of them.





2 comments:

  1. KP MIghty Stitch has almost the same fiber content as Lion Brand Wool-Ease, which I find to be scratchy, and Plymouth Encore, which is nicer imho. How does Mighty Stitch compare to those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved jungle book! My zach asked me to it last year. I found the cinematography so amazing. I felt like i was THERE.
    I will check out the yarn shop. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Nostalgia

Since being laid up with these infernal ribs, I've had time to reflect on a few things.  First, Monday is the worst day to try and get ...