Saturday, July 9, 2016

Loss

In the past, I've wondered how my parents felt in the Late Sixties.  Did they feel like the world was on fire?  Were they worried about the future that was being built for me?

I get it.  This week, it seems the world has been aflame, and it has felt like nothing good was on the horizon.  There has been so much to be sad about, as a citizen of the nation.  And, on top of that misery, there has been heartbreak here.  Our veterinarian, Monica Kucher, died after an awful car accident.  She was one of my first, and always one of my most important, friends in Athens.  It's been almost too much to think about.





3 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Kim. It's a terrible loss both on a personal and a worldly level. I feel certain though that a lovely place in heaven was waiting for such a wonderful person.

I don't want to be immortal, but I do wish those I love could be ...

Take care of yourself. Everyone at our house will say a special prayer for your friend and her family.

camille said...

I'm awfully sorry, Kim. That's a hard loss at a hard time. I'll be thinking of you and sending hugs. I hope we find our way towards better times as a country too.

kmkat said...

I am so sorry for your loss and for all the horrible things that have happened this week. There is little I can say to help. {{{hugs}}}

One

One video.