Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stuff

Yesterday would have been my mother's 83rd birthday.  How hard it was not to shop for "just a card" (what she inevitably told me she wanted each year) and not reach for the phone to make the Happy Birthday call.

Finished the sock I began at the beach:
Just a fluke, really, that that was the sock yarn in my bag, but the turquoise and lime and pink are very beachy colors.  Working on the second one now.

Up to "H" on my Reading Alphabet.  Quick update for those of you scoring at home:
"A" --- Eight White Nights by Andre Aciman
"B" --- Keeping the House by Ellen Baker
"C" --- Scent of the Missing by Susannah Charleson
"D" --- Falling Man by Don DeLillo
"E" --- War Journal by Richard Engel
"F" --- The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry
"G" --- All I Did Was Ask  by Terry Gross
"H" --- Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris

And, yes, "I" has been chosen.

Made hotel reservations for Stitches South next month in Atlanta.  Hannah and I went its first year and had a really good time.  This round, I even signed up for 2 classes.   (And last year, finances were so dire, I couldn't even afford to drive up and just walk around for a day.)


2 comments:

kathy b said...

Sorry about your mom.....so hard

I LOVE THE SOCK and colors

Laurie (Moo!) said...

3/25 for your Mom. 3/31 for mine. Our cycles are synced. I'm still going with avoidance, as far as the selling of the house. It's hard enough to clear it, let alone thing of the distance selling thing. Big hugs, girl. See you in 2 weeks, at Stitches!

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...