Sunday, August 5, 2018

House Rules

One of my multitude of Spence cousins got in touch with me after reading the superstitions post a few days ago.  Her mother was my father's younger sister, and evidently had a way around the "don't-go-back-once-you're-on-the-road" rule.  If you do go back, you can sit down in the place you left, then safely restart.  I never heard that exception, but it may come in handy someday.

She also talked about leaving a place through the same door you entered.  Though I didn't originally recall that, I did after she mentioned it.  One of our aunts was particularly vigilant about that one.

Speaking of vigilance. . .
All weekend, there has been a male cardinal in the holly bush outside this window in the den.  There has also been a sparrow hopping up and down the screen on this same window.  Riley has been thoroughly enthralled.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

In our house, when you forgot something, and went back to get it, you had to sit down for 10 seconds before leaving the house again. Who knows why ...

Thursday Stuff

 If y'all want to waste, oh, I don't know, an entire afternoon, start watching airport arrests videos on YouTube.  I will warn you: ...