Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Friends

A few days back, Kathy asked on her blog with whom we might like to knit.  Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick may scratch part of that itch, but I'm sure she meant co-knitters closer to home, both literally and figuratively.  I suspect all of you would make for good company, so it would be difficult to choose from among you, though Twinnie would be certainly be way up there on a list.  Kathy and I were almost headed for a knitting meet-up, as I was going to make a one day trip to Chicago and she offered to be a tour guide.  I came close to knitting with Bridget when I stopped in to visit her (and Dug the Doodle Dog!) at her LYS when I was in Philadelphia.  There's something extra-special about doing something you love with people you like, isn't there?

Bridget answered some interesting questions on her blog the other day, and I thought I'd give them a whirl.  They're from The Department of Nance.

1. What song/kind of music always makes you feel good/irritated?
     "Stayin' Alive," naturally.  MC Hammer's "Do Not Pass Me By" snaps me right to Feeling Good.  As far as irritants, I can listen to any style for a little bit.  I think.

2.  What are among your best/worst traits?
    Best: listening, empathy, generosity.
Worst: stubbornness, laziness, over-generosity.

3. What food did you used to like but now you don't?
  It's come to my attention recently that I can't eat pork chops or pork roast.  That may be more because of how I've attempted to cook them versus how my mother did.

4. What book did everyone else love but you didn't?
   Beloved by Toni Morrison.  

5. Fill in the blanks: I love my *children*, but I hate their *drama(s)*.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

OMG, I forgot about Beloved - I didn't like that either, and it's like I've eaten a baby whenever I say so.

teabird said...

I'd love to knit with you!

Thursday Stuff

 If y'all want to waste, oh, I don't know, an entire afternoon, start watching airport arrests videos on YouTube.  I will warn you: ...