Saturday, August 22, 2015

Can You Stand It?

POLLS ARE CLOSED


We're almost to the Quarterfinals!  The pairs below are to determine who gets there.  But, first, the latest winners, and the first into the Quarters:

Sam Elliott
Sigourney Weaver
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Caitriona Balfe
Jeremy Irons
Meryl Streep
Mike Rowe
Maggie Smith

Almost every one of those races see-saw-ed all day.  Defending Hunk Mike Rowe won by a slim single vote.

So, who should join them in the Quarterfinals?

(Just FYI, the quarterfinals won't be posted until Monday morning --- I need time to set the pairs up.  Also, I feel it's time to start hiding the vote counts.  The tensions grows naturally at this point of the show anyway;  why not help it along?)

















ETA: At this moment (8:50 PM ET), there are 10 nominators still in the running for the Knitters' Chick Grand Prize, and 8 for the Hunk's.

6 comments:

Lorette said...

There have been some real squeakers in this race!

kathy b said...

Now it is getting tense! ! OH my. Im loving it

camille said...

Still nursing the shock and grief about Hottie McScottie (Sam Heughan)- he fell too early- gone too soon... But he had some serious competition, so at least that is a salve to my wound... Hasn't anyone seen Outlander?!? How can he not be universally adored?! He wears knits (and kilts) so well! And he certainly needs a sweater for his highland living... Sigh. As much as it hurts to have lost him- nothing can dull the shine of the KH and KC comepetition! Now, please, go watch Outlander people, for the love of all things knitterly and hunky...

KSD said...

I'm sure you entertained, as I did, the idea that Hottie might win KH and Caitriona KC. Ah, well. . .

camille said...

Yes, I dared to dream... Sigh... But really, Mike Rowe is hard to beat, so I get it. I am already planning a campaign for an Outlander sweep of KH and KC!
I really think that not many people have seen the show and know them, but the books were widely read- I guess people may not know the actors associated with the books...

camille said...

Oh, and btw Kim- hiding the vote counts?!?! Really?! You are a harsh Mistress! That may well kill me! Between that and the Fedora of Fate, I am doomed!!! Doomed... I will try to cope. Gulp...

One

One video.