Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mixed Bag

I had a gorgeous day for a drive yesterday, and made very good time.  My room is small, and awkwardly-shaped, but very nice.  One thing about it is driving me crazy, though:
How do you not center a round table under a round  light fixture?  There's plenty of room --- it's sort of making me twitch.  And, yes, I tried to move the table.  It's cast iron and weighs a ton;  I couldn't budge it even a teeny bit.

The main reason I came up early (Stitches starts tomorrow) was because today is my Daddy's birthday, and I wanted to go to the cemetery.  It was tough --- I haven't been here in 3+ years.  I'm skirting around the parts of town that would open the floodgates.  My twinnie sent me a message a while back saying, ". . .you are strong and you can do this."  I don't know how many times I've repeated that to myself even before I got here.  And I sure said it a lot today.  Thanks, Twinster --- you helped get me through it.

Before I left this morning (giving myself a day out to go places, see friends), I got word that my Uncle Tommy died yesterday.  He was my mother's baby brother.  All the arrangements aren't quite clear yet, but I know several plans for my stay are going to be changed.

I had to go for comfort food tonight:
Dry-rub ribs and collard greens.  

2 comments:

Lora said...

I'm sorry for your loss. (And the table not being centered would make me ca-razy

kathy b said...

Oh Kim, Im sorry. You had enough grief to deal with and now this.
I hope Stitches lifts your spriits!

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...