Saturday, June 2, 2018

Times

What time is it?

That's right ---Frankensocks time!  I cleaned out the bedroom closet and found this bag of sock-weight leftovers.  I've already cast on.

It appears none of you were familiar with the bent double-points.  I've yet to decide whether to buy any.  Thank goodness there are sock patterns for straights.

Twinnie left a comment suggesting using two circulars.  I've actually done that.  Once.  It was the only pair of socks I ever knit circularly.  They were a chocolate brown heather, and I gave them to my mother.  She always insisted that it was possible for me to learn DPNs, but it's just never happened.

We've had some ferocious thunder storms over the past couple of days.  One, in the middle of the night, caused Rupert to urgently request that he be put off the bed to take cover under a table.  Earlier that day, "plain" rain produced this:
An enormous, full rainbow.  So big, in fact, that it wouldn't all fit into my camera lens.  The brightest, most complete rainbow I've ever seen here.


1 comment:

kathy b said...

well...Frankensocks and Rainbows. Great post. I think your sock combo colors are endless. I'd pop that aqua with the raspberry and purple.....
oh wait, those are the colors I"M KNITTING WITH. (log cabin)

Thursday Stuff

 If y'all want to waste, oh, I don't know, an entire afternoon, start watching airport arrests videos on YouTube.  I will warn you: ...