Thursday, December 8, 2016

Noel

First Christmas gift is here!
Thank you, Kathy!  It's wonderful.  It shall join my keychain alongside
Master Yoda.

For the first time in 30+ years, I am decorating a tree all by myself.  It isn't sad;  it's been fun.  Briton and Hannah always lost patience with me because I am crazy picky about the lights.  (That and choosing which bunch of bananas to buy are my only OCD-ish things.)  I can also space the ornaments out.  It was cute when B and H were little, and there would be a cluster of ornaments all in one place.  But I like there to be something interesting to look at everywhere.  There are a few more things to do before I call it completely done, and start putting presents under it.  And the Nativity.

Speaking of Nativities, Kathy asked me AGES ago to take a picture of my refrigerator magnet one.  Here it is, out-of-focusness and all.
I like it because 1) it's unlike any Nativity I've ever seen, and 2) Jesus has a smiley face, and I adore how His little arms are draped over Mary's.

Making very good progress on my knitting.  Here are the "Pickle" mitts I talked about before:

This yarn is soooo squishy --- I must find something else to make with it.



2 comments:

  1. Hooray for gifts!

    There is something to be said for decorating the tree *just* the way you like it. My friend Lisa has twin 9-year-old boys, and they put up their tree last week. Her Facebook post for that day read: "I will not rearrange the part of the tree the boys decorated" repeated about 10 times. :-)

    How appropriate - you have your own Christmas Pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. So happy the little sock delighted you. I can always find my keys now with mine!
    I love that you are putting up YOUR tree for you!!!! That is wonderful. I would tell anyone to do so! Why not? Christmas is a season for peace and if it brings you peace and joy GO FOR IT

    ReplyDelete

Pictures, and This

When you and your daughter go to see your son and her brother in his play, you want to take a picture of them.  You mention this to them, a...