Friday, July 19, 2019

Looking for Mr. Newname

As I begin to tune up for Knitters' Hunk and Knitters' Chick this year, something has been bothering me.  Why it bothers now, and hasn't really for more than a decade, I do not know.  But I am suddenly uncomfortable with "Hunk."

There are several dozen more important things going on around us at the moment, but this insignificant little brainworm won't leave me alone.

If we look to balance "Chick," we go to "Dude," and

"Man" takes us to "Woman," both of which are boring.

"Gentleman" and "Lady" imply behavior, manners.

"Person / Male" and "Person / Female" is awful.

"Companion / Male" and "Companion / Female"?

Leave it be and just move on with the dang contests?

6 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Howzabout: Knitter's Choice?

Bridget said...

It's your contest, and if the name(s) bother you, change them. Having said that, I've got nothing.

teabird said...

I'm good with dude. It would abide.

teabird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathy b said...

I just endured that movie for the first time with my husband and son....the dude abides. lol

kathy b said...

Whatever you wish!

One

One video.