Thursday, June 27, 2019

Stories and Stuff

Cast on for a shawl last night.  It's only the second time I've used a tab start and the effect is so pretty.  (Aided by the Madeline Tosh "Cathedral" colorway.)

Over the last week or week and a half, knitting has been impossible for me.  I've been unable to keep up with even the easiest stitch patterns: meshes, feather and fan, you name it, I've tried it and every single project failed within the first twenty rows.  This shawl ("My Friend Gloria Scarf" from a Knitting Page-A-Day calendar.  Not sure of the year.) hasn't tripped me up yet.  On each edge, you KFB on the fifth stitch in.  I'm good so far.

Now.  You need to be reading my Twinnie's blog just on principle, but you especially need to read her entry today.  She relates a story that she told me yesterday, and left me pretty much like this:


1 comment:

kathy b said...

IT must have been in the air. Cindy at Delighted Hands, you and I barely made an progress this week. BUT! I am now on track as both of you are! I love the soft look of your start. Increasing every row on the 5th stitch in is very interesting. Makes total sense to me! How do knitters create such geometric smart patterns . ??? It is pretty yarn too !

One

One video.