Saturday, January 26, 2019

You

Almost without fail, when you screw up the courage to reveal something about yourself, you 1) are swaddled by love and support and strength, and 2) find that others understand more than you ever suspected.

Thank you to those of you who took the time to lift me up.  I am grateful for you all.

Thank you to all of you who truly empathize.  We will all move forward together.  There's much to be said about finding how strong you are when things are awful, but there's no shame in simply outlasting the hurt.  I love you all.

My mother often told me when I was despondent that there were lots of other people in the world much worse off than me.  That was not helpful, as it felt like she was saying some pain is "real," and some just isn't.  If you are in pain, your pain is true and real and you shouldn't ignore it, devalue it, or compare it to anyone else's.  Your pain matters.

So do you.


1 comment:

kathy b said...

Big Hugs!!!! Im so glad you were swaddled by us. Relieved by the post THanks. YOu will find the peace you seek again soon, I pray it

One

One video.