Saturday, December 1, 2018

Twenty-four Days of Wishes

December 1st is a trigger date for me.  Although I start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, the first day of December is when
I start working on Christmas/holiday cards,
I start wrapping presents,
I begin opening the advent calendar(s) that I have,
I start playing Christmas CDs in the car.

I did watch a Christmas movie the other night: "The Man Who Invented Christmas" on Amazon.  It's the story (not sure how accurate it all was) of Charles Dickens' creation of "A Christmas Carol."  I enjoyed it, in no small part because Christopher Plummer was Scrooge.

Would you mind playing a Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice game with me?  Pretend you can be given a new gift every day between now and Christmas Eve. Think only about yourself here --- nothing for your partner or child(ren) or the country or the world.  If it helps, think of it as "Twenty-Four Days of Greed.)

See how I inadvertently tied my game idea to Scrooge?

Anyway, I'll go first.
A yarn bouquet from Jimmy Beans Wool.

4 comments:

Grace said...

I'll start with something I have always wanted a new bedroom set with new mattress, furniture everything that goes together deliberately!!!

Kim in Oregon said...

Merry Maids coming in to clean the house top to bottom.

kathy b said...

Just for me? Yarn. Yarn makes me happy. I am nearly through my entire stash. I have been busy making good use of leftovers. Now, I've kind of gotten to the challenge point where I want to see if i can actually use all leftovers!

teabird said...

A present... hmmmm... those little inkle looms from Windhaven are tempting ...

One

One video.