Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Oh --- Deer!

One of the very rare snowy Christmas Days when I was little, my father took me out onto the driveway and into the yard to show me two sets of footprints.  One, clearly, had been made by a boot.  (A boot verry close to the size Daddy wore.)  The other were hooves, small, pointy, and one out of each four had an "R" right in its center
It's one of my clearest and happiest Christmas memories.

Christmas Eve here, I came across these in the backyard:
No distinguishing letters, mind you, but plainly someone had been running through.  Maybe practicing take-offs and landings before the big night?


2 comments:

kmkat said...

Or wondering what happened to that tasty hosta that was there last summer?

kathy b said...

What a great memory to have . Those hoof prints were certainly from The Big Santa's reindeer!

Sleepy

I'm unsure whether all the adrenaline stirred up Friday night has finally worn off, but I am so weary today.  Sleepy.  I feel good, thou...