Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tough Night

Earlier tonight, I had to have my 19-year-old girl Erin put down.
She'd been deteriorating for a bit  --- wasn't eating much or grooming.  She was not the chubby girl in the picture.  When she came down to eat tonight, she sort of collapsed, and I knew it was time.  I gave her a good massage with the grooming glove, which she always liked, then took her to the emergency vet.  They were very kind.

She was always the odd cat out around here.  She preferred to be by herself, save for when our lovely Zen was alive.  Those two were sort of locked together.  Erin did not like to be picked up.  She was the chattiest cat I've ever had, often talking up a storm from other rooms, or from down the hall.  I never figured that out at all.  She wouldn't just hang out with us --- it was weird to see her come into the den for any length of time.  She was her own piece of work.  It was hard to say goodbye.

4 comments:

kayT said...

It's always hard to let them go but you know you are doing the right thing. She's always going to be in your heart. I'm giving my kitties some extra loving today in memory of you and Erin.

Kim in Oregon said...

They get into our hearts, and they never really leave Twinnie. Thank you for your wonderful memories of Erin.

Bridget said...

She wanted to do things her way, right until the end. And she knew she could count on you, because you loved her so much.

I think I told you this before, but it's been a rough few weeks for kitties. It just never gets easier, but I am always glad they were in my family and always will be.

Take care.

Vicki Knitorious said...

So sorry to hear about Erin!

More Than Enough

So, you're watching something online, and it breaks for commercial, and next to the little countdown clock is the message "Send to ...