Saturday, August 18, 2018

5

5 more days, and you can start nominating Knitters' Hunks and Knitters' Chicks!

A couple of you have already let me know who your nominees are, but I'm not putting anything in permanent ink until next weekend.  I know from personal experience that sometimes names pop into your head at the very last minute.

It's been sort of a quiet Saturday here.  My headache eased up enough to allow me to read a bit.  I'm giving a book I began a while ago a second chance:
Elizabeth Keckley (the titular dressmaker) is a heroine of mine.  Naturally, anything having to do with Lincoln fascinates me, too.  Mary Lincoln was quite a piece of work --- I doubt that anyone with less patience and kindheartedness than Abraham would have been able to build a life with her.

My Hero of Heroes.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Mary Todd LIncoln stayed awhile in Lake Geneva. There is a home here with a historical marker saying just that. I cut her some slack. She had lots of her own babies die if I recall. IT was a tough time to be a presidents wife!!

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...