Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Two Paws Forward, Three Paws Back

That marvel of a sweater that I was making with the baby alpaca
was used as a bed the other night.  A bed that evidently needed lots of pawing and arranging and more pawing to become comfortable.  Why she (and it was certainly a cat) was interested in the farthest side of the couch, how she managed to get all those stitches off the needle and de-strand some of the yarn, we may never know.  But Birch has been put aside.

Beld has taken its place.
I'm making it in a nice green.  
And I'm using a provisional cast-on for the first time.  It's in the middle of the back neckband.  In every other pattern I've used that called for a provisional, I just cast on normally.  This isn't a lot of stitches, nor a very long piece, so if it doesn't work out, it can all be unraveled and begun again.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That will be pretty. As for the other item, been there, had that done ... :-)

Kim in Oregon said...

That's a pretty sweater. Animals.

kathy b said...

I cant leave ANYTHING knitted out ever. My only 4 cats would immediately hair it up.

More Than Enough

So, you're watching something online, and it breaks for commercial, and next to the little countdown clock is the message "Send to ...